Want Better Control Over Production And Your Supply Chain?
Accurate and streamlined inventory management is crucial to your ability to deliver on promise, as well as to maintain customer satisfaction and inventory cost control. Inventory and production management tools in the SAP® Business One enterprise resource planning (ERP) application help manage detailed warehouse data, track and record stock movements, and plan and release production orders based on your material requirements planning. The SAP Business One ERP software system supports all your basic requirements for production activities by enabling you to accurately and effectively manage bills of materials (BOMs), production orders, and material requirements. By design the application allows for you to have unparalleled:
- Warehouse and inventory management ““ Manage inventories using various costing models, maintain item master data, and use multiple units of measure and pricing
- Goods receipt and issue control ““ Record goods receipts and issues; track stock transfers; enable consignment, drop-ship, and other orders; perform inventory and cycle counts
- Production and material requirements planning ““ Create and maintain multilevel bills of materials (BOMs), issue and release production orders manually or by backflush, and globally maintain prices for BOMs
- Efficient, up-to-date reporting ““ Generate reports with data that is regularly refreshed, and display them in various report formats or as dashboards
The streamlined business software simplifies definition and management of BOMs for production, assembly, and sales. For example, with a production bill of materials, you can readily document the type, quantity, and price of materials needed to manufacture the final products, as well as quantity availability. Once BOMs have been defined, production orders can be created and released based on them. Component needs, costs, and materials availability are automatically added to your work orders, enforcing accurate allocation of raw materials to products and volume control.
Production orders allow you to initiate and track the production process and effectively move the materials used in the process through your organization. For example, once a production order is released to the shop floor, SAP Business One can automatically issue transactions for components needed to produce the parts.
On the other hand, material requirements planning (MRP) functionality in SAP Business One allows you to plan your material requirements and maintain an optimum production plan for complex, multilevel production processes. It replaces informal, ad hoc production scheduling with a more structured process using data from various sources across your business to create an accurate picture of your production and supply chain. Sources of data include:
- Bills of materials
- Inventory data
- Inputs from scheduled production and purchase orders
- Demand inputs from actual and forecasted orders
Using the material requirements planning (MRP) wizard, you can specify timelines, stocks, and even data sources to be considered in planning. SAP Business One then takes this data, assembles it, and creates recommendations regarding your material needs ““ what you’ll need and how much and when you’ll need it. Once these recommendations are reviewed, the MRP functionality can automatically generate production and purchase orders needed to manufacture a final product in the quantity and time specified by the production schedule, taking into consideration all requirements for product components.
The Production And Warehouse Reports Available In SAP Business One ERP
Reporting tools in SAP Business One ERP allow you to create sophisticated warehouse and production management reports.
You can choose from a variety of report formats (such as PDF, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel) to display standard
reports or incorporate them as dashboards. Use predefined templates to issue inventory status, audit, and
valuation reports, as well as item and warehouse transaction lists. You can also generate production reports, such
as production orders by status and BOM reports.
With “drag-and-relate” and interactive drill-down functionalities, you can click through relevant data and get answers
quickly. For more advanced reporting, use the report designer to integrate custom queries, parameters, formulas, and layouts. The report organizer allows you to execute and manage your reports and efficiently distribute them to other users through report books. Data in reports is refreshed in regular, predefined intervals, so you are constantly updated on inventory levels and production schedules. With SAP Business One ERP you can access real-time, accurate information as well as:
- Manage inventory across multiple warehouses and locations
- Track and record stock movements
- E nsure raw materials and parts are ordered at the right time and available for production when needed
- Avoid shortages and ensure timely delivery without maintaining surplus inventory
To learn more about how SAP’s enterprise resource planning software for small and midsize businesses – SAP Business One ERP can automate and optimize your warehouse management and production
activities and help you:
- Gain efficiency by automating processes and using integrated production functionality
- Improve customer service with on-time delivery and fewer shortages and stock-outs
- Reduce inventory costs with improved inventory control and materials planning
- Improve business insight with powerful warehouse and inventory reporting tools
Please call a SAP Certified Sales Representative at 813-321-1300 today.
Schedule Your SAP Business One (SAP B1) Demo
SAP Business One is a fully integrated business management system that includes functionality around financials, sales, purchasing, distribution, HR and customer relationship management. In short, all the functionality you expect from a larger enterprise system, but substantially less to purchase and much faster to implement – a low risk option for your growing manufacturing, wholesale distribution or onine retail business. What could your business achieve with SAP Business One?
Call us at 813-321-1300 to schedule your web demonstration of SAP Business One.